Entry to the 2019 Townsville Careers Expo is free for ALL visitors!
The annual Townsville Careers Expo is a must for anyone interested in starting, changing or upgrading their career including - high schools students and their parents, mature age and post graduate students, career seekers of ALL ages, employers looking for staff training and others.
The expo offers a wealth of information for visitors including -
- Access the latest careers, course, study and employment options.
- Advice on enrollment procedures.
- Talk to both local and national employers.
- Opportunity to talk to admissions staff.
- Attend the Job shop with "live jobs" on offer.
- Meet with interstate and overseas exhibitors.
- Try a range of trade skills in the demo area.
- Info on Bursaries, scholarship and application procedures.
- Compare courses from different providers.
- Student Services, GAP and exchange programs.
- And a whole lot more!
Below are a number of documents for downloading relating to the 2019 Expo.
2019 Events Poster - Print and display
Event Banner - Can be included on websites, emails, distributed to prospective career seekers.
Media image - For inclusion on social media, school newsletters, community announcements and other documents passed to prospective career seekers to invite them to join us at the expo.
Newsletter Editorial - For inclusion in school newsletters, community announcements and other documents for prospective career seekers.
Social Media Savvy Student Poster To promote the opportunity to become a Social Media Savvy Student Ambassador for the event AND have a chance to win some great prizes.
Worksheet - This document will give visitors an idea of the type of questions to ask exhibitors and assist with career planning.
Social Media Image- For inclusion on social media, school newsletters, community announcements and other documents passed to prospective career seekers to invite them to join us at the Townsville Careers Expo.
Booking in your school to attend is easy, just click on the button and complete the form.
An information pack with promotional materials will be sent to schools closer to the event date. If you would like additional posters, bookmarks or electronic materials, please complete the online form for more promotional materials.
Confused about your career pathway or study options? Don't know where to start? We can not make the decision for you, but we have developed some tools that could assist with making those decisions.
- Download the student worksheet, and complete a sheet for each career option you are interested in. The questions in the worksheet will give you a good idea about the type of questions you should be asking at the expo. If you have any further questions, check with your guidance officer or careers counsellor at school before you attend the expo.
- Check exhibitor listing and circle the exhibitors you definitely want to have a chat to.
- Read the Townsville Bulletin lift out feature which will be published a week prior to the event containing the full exhibitor listing, articles on exhibitors and employers, motivational speaker, and the floor plan so you know where the different exhibitors are located in the venue.
- Make sure you check out the Job Shop - Jobseekers link if you are looking for a job and come to the event prepared.
- Visit the Skills demo area - this interactive program allows you to try various skills and trade areas. The displays are entertaining, informative and offer access to some of the basic skills involved in a range of fields.
- Attend the event, go around and check out the different exhibitors and get all the information you need to make those important decisions! Good Luck!!
- And.... don't forget to place your competition entry form for a chance to win a $500 JB HiFi voucher in the barrel at the event.